New teaching & learning methods started at AIISH
November 19, 2017
The preschool of the All India Institute of Speech and Hearing institute (AIISH) has introduced a special initiative at their institute for disabled children.
The new teaching and learning models have been started under 'Saikshanika Dasara'.
The techniques are low cost and uses recycled materials. It aims to provide an online learning experience to the disabled children.
The pre-school gives early involvement services for children with communication problems such as hearing impairment, mental disabilities, autism, spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy and development disabilities.
The AIISH is located in Mysore. It is an independent institute under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 25, 2019 Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Dance therapy does wonders for disabled kids. Check it out
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Disabled people share uncomfortable encounters on social media with hash tag #AbledsAreWeird
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Headlines March 25, 2019 111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News