Maharashtra to come up with a policy to help students with mental disabilities
Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) in Maharashtra plans to work on a policy document on the facilities needed by educational institutes to make it accessible for mentally disabled students.
A meeting including a group of government officials, university faculties and representatives of the NGOs was held recently to discuss about the same.
In the meeting, Disabilities Commissioner Nitin Patil said state universities can play an important part in helping students with mental illnesses.
Patil shared that college students face mental issues due to many reasons. State universities and its different departments can work together to find the disabilities in students and help them overcome it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines January 10, 2019 Congress appoints transgender person as general secretary, women's wing
- Accessibility January 13, 2019 Delhi government workshop for schools on inclusive education practices gets good response
- Events January 16, 2019 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Headlines January 16, 2019 MeToo: Film industry members defend Raju Hirani
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Help The Blind Foundation is enabling people to reach new levels of excellence every day
- Accessibility January 11, 2019 Court issues notice to RBI & Centre over inaccessible currency plea
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Disabled Kerala artist Surendran finds his creative side in incredible ball pen art
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Events January 11, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 4, 2019
Education January 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News