Maharashtra to come up with a policy to help students with mental disabilities
Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) in Maharashtra plans to work on a policy document on the facilities needed by educational institutes to make it accessible for mentally disabled students.
A meeting including a group of government officials, university faculties and representatives of the NGOs was held recently to discuss about the same.
In the meeting, Disabilities Commissioner Nitin Patil said state universities can play an important part in helping students with mental illnesses.
Patil shared that college students face mental issues due to many reasons. State universities and its different departments can work together to find the disabilities in students and help them overcome it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
November 15, 2018
- Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
November 14, 2018
- MBBS entrance exam brochure makes no mention of modified rules for disabled candidates
November 2, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News