Maharashtra to come up with a policy to help students with mental disabilities
November 20, 2017
Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) in Maharashtra plans to work on a policy document on the facilities needed by educational institutes to make it accessible for mentally disabled students.
A meeting including a group of government officials, university faculties and representatives of the NGOs was held recently to discuss about the same.
In the meeting, Disabilities Commissioner Nitin Patil said state universities can play an important part in helping students with mental illnesses.
Patil shared that college students face mental issues due to many reasons. State universities and its different departments can work together to find the disabilities in students and help them overcome it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 24 Aug-25 Aug
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News