In a welcome move, therapy for autism to be free of cost at private centers in Tamil Nadu
The Tamil Nadu government has decided to include therapy for autism under the Chief Minister's Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme. This means the therapy will be free of cost in private centers.
Autism spectrum disorder affects social interaction and communication skills in children. Since it is a neurological condition, the therapy for autism has been listed as one of the treatments to be borne under the CMCHIS scheme.
The treatment is costly and the inclusion of the therapy will help poorer families. Under CMCHIS, the sum insured will be Rs one lakh for one policy year per family. This will be a cashless therapy.
The autism centres should be recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India and Commissioner for Differently Abled of Tamil Nadu government.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Events January 10, 2019 Job Fair for Persons with Disability - Mumbai
- Headlines January 15, 2019 PM Modi tells public to rate government
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Kavish, A Love Story - Guest Column by Prerna Khanna
- Headlines January 11, 2019 Rajinikanth's Petta gets thumbs up from fans
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Adaptive clothing now at your doorstep, thanks to these Indian fashion brands
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 8, 2019
Get-hooked January 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News