In a welcome move, therapy for autism to be free of cost at private centers in Tamil Nadu
The Tamil Nadu government has decided to include therapy for autism under the Chief Minister's Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme. This means the therapy will be free of cost in private centers.
Autism spectrum disorder affects social interaction and communication skills in children. Since it is a neurological condition, the therapy for autism has been listed as one of the treatments to be borne under the CMCHIS scheme.
The treatment is costly and the inclusion of the therapy will help poorer families. Under CMCHIS, the sum insured will be Rs one lakh for one policy year per family. This will be a cashless therapy.
The autism centres should be recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India and Commissioner for Differently Abled of Tamil Nadu government.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Delhi pollution at hazardous levels after Diwali celebrations
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News