In a welcome move, therapy for autism to be free of cost at private centers in Tamil Nadu
November 18, 2017
The Tamil Nadu government has decided to include therapy for autism under the Chief Minister's Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme. This means the therapy will be free of cost in private centers.
Autism spectrum disorder affects social interaction and communication skills in children. Since it is a neurological condition, the therapy for autism has been listed as one of the treatments to be borne under the CMCHIS scheme.
The treatment is costly and the inclusion of the therapy will help poorer families. Under CMCHIS, the sum insured will be Rs one lakh for one policy year per family. This will be a cashless therapy.
The autism centres should be recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India and Commissioner for Differently Abled of Tamil Nadu government.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Priyanka responds to criticism over tweet
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News