Special wheelchair spaces, inclusive toilets - Hyderabad Metro will change the face of accessible transport!
The Telangana Department for Disabled Welfare is working on making public transport facilities accessible for the disabled. This includes the Hyderabad Metro Rail, that will start operations in a few weeks.
Stations, lifts, ticket counters & trains planned with experts, disabled
Friendly Environment for the Disabled, a national organisation, was asked for suggestions while designing the Hyderabad Metro. They say that based on their observations, this is better planned than the Delhi Metro.
Arrangements have been made to ensure that there is no danger to the lives of the disabled while boarding the train. Lift operating buttons will have information in Braille for the blind and also a tactile strip for easier movement.
There are special wheelchair spaces which will allow wheelchairs to be locked to a ‘grab hold’ in the train. Inclusive toilets are also being built. There is wide automatic fare collection gates for wheelchair passengers while special ticket vending machines for speech impaired people are being designed.
Announcements of train arrival and departure will be made in three languages along with relevant signage and pictograms.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Events November 21, 2018 Teaching with Emotional Intelligence’
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018