Airbnb buys Accomable to support travellers with disabilities
Airbnb, an online marketplace and hospitality service company has bought a business called Accomable.
Accomable is a startup company that helps to find disabled accessible hotels, vacation rentals and apartments.
Accomable was started in 2015 by two friends with spinal muscular atrophy.
The idea is to make travel and adventure easier for travellers with disabilities.
Along with buying Accomable, Airbnb has also added new accessible features to its website.
Like a checklist for owners to give information and detailed photos if they have step-free entry to rooms and doorways wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News