Airbnb buys Accomable to support travellers with disabilities
November 19, 2017
Airbnb, an online marketplace and hospitality service company has bought a business called Accomable.
Accomable is a startup company that helps to find disabled accessible hotels, vacation rentals and apartments.
Accomable was started in 2015 by two friends with spinal muscular atrophy.
The idea is to make travel and adventure easier for travellers with disabilities.
Along with buying Accomable, Airbnb has also added new accessible features to its website.
Like a checklist for owners to give information and detailed photos if they have step-free entry to rooms and doorways wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News