Disabled man from Bangladesh moves court to get a job
The High Court has told the government of Bangladesh to appoint a physically disabled man.
The disabled man had qualified to the post of family planning inspector but he was not given the job.
The officials were asked to appoint Russel Dhali of Munshiganj’s Sirajdikhan upazila in Bangladesh under the quota for physically disabled people in 30 days from the date of receipt of the court's order.
The move came after a petition filed by Russel asking officials to recruit him under the disability quota.
Russel scored 28 marks out of total 30 in the oral exam but he was not given the job although 15 others were given the job.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018