Disabled man from Bangladesh moves court to get a job
November 19, 2017
The High Court has told the government of Bangladesh to appoint a physically disabled man.
The disabled man had qualified to the post of family planning inspector but he was not given the job.
The officials were asked to appoint Russel Dhali of Munshiganj's Sirajdikhan upazila in Bangladesh under the quota for physically disabled people in 30 days from the date of receipt of the court's order.
The move came after a petition filed by Russel asking officials to recruit him under the disability quota.
Russel scored 28 marks out of total 30 in the oral exam but he was not given the job although 15 others were given the job.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 19, 2019
Headlines April 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News