Famous Chennai restaurant introduces Braille menus
November 20, 2017
Grand by GRT Hotels in Chennai has introduced specially made Braille menus at its global street food restaurant Jai Hind Diner.
The idea was started with the help of the St Louis Institute for Deaf And The Blind.
Braille menus is an initial step forward to make employees more aware and help visually impaired customers in a better way.
The hotel management is also planning to introduce Braille lift buttons at their branches in Tirunelveli and Bengaluru.
They are also working on making its hotels and resorts more accessible for people with disabilities by putting in ramps.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News