Goa walk to create awareness about problems of the blind
India Vision Institute (IVI) of Chennai organised a 'Walk in the Dark' in Panaji in Goa recently.
The event included visually impaired children from the National Association of the Blind (NAB) along with sighted opinion makers and high-level officials walking blindfolded along the way.
The idea was to create awareness among the public about the problems faced by the visually impaired people.
Myopia is a major issue with children and senior citizens from village areas as they don't have access to eye-services and live with visual impairment.
So, India Vision Institute plans to hold free medical checkups for 2,000 schoolchildren next month.
In the medical camps, free spectacles will be given to children from poor families having visual problems.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Events November 21, 2018 Teaching with Emotional Intelligence’
- Events November 20, 2018 Basic Computer Training Program for Children & Adults with Special Needs
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 Some tips to make day to day activities easier for disabled children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018