150 top Indian artistes come together to sing a song for kids with disabilities
November 21, 2017
Popular actors like Puneeth Rajkumar, Vijay Raghavendra and Upendra, as well as senior playback singers SP Balasubramaniam are among the the 150 feature artistes from across India, who have come together to perform a song dedicated to children with disabilities.
Come forward, say it now. We are all One.
Called The One Song, the track has been composed by a team of Bengaluru-based music directors Venky-Varun and has been launched in collaboration with UNICEF India. The song has a chorus calling all people to action - Come forward, say it now, we are all one.
The song uses simple and moving words to spread the message of harmony and to accept differences. It urges people to listen to the voice of nature, and open their hearts to show compassion and love. It also asks everyone to work towards the goal of ending differences.
The song is over 17 minutes long and has a range of musical styles from Carnatic classical to jazz to folk to rock. While most of the song is written in Kannada, it also includes portions sung in 13 other languages, including Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, Japanese, French and Arabic. You can listen to the song here - https://youtu.be/xtw1T8xmbMc
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News