Vizag Steel starts skill training for the disabled in Visakhapatnam
November 30, 2017
A skill development training programme for the disabled people has been started by Vizag Steel in Visakhapatnam.
The idea is to empower 100 disabled people living in the nearby villages of the steel company and other areas of Visakhapatnam.
It will help people with disabilities get the required skills to live a better and independent life.
Earlier, the company has shown support to the disabled people through many campaigns such as providing education, artificial limbs, calipers, tricycles and others.
The Skill development training is organised by Chhattisgarh Industrial & Technical Consultancy Centre and supported by National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News