Vizag Steel starts skill training for the disabled in Visakhapatnam
A skill development training programme for the disabled people has been started by Vizag Steel in Visakhapatnam.
The idea is to empower 100 disabled people living in the nearby villages of the steel company and other areas of Visakhapatnam.
It will help people with disabilities get the required skills to live a better and independent life.
Earlier, the company has shown support to the disabled people through many campaigns such as providing education, artificial limbs, calipers, tricycles and others.
The Skill development training is organised by Chhattisgarh Industrial & Technical Consultancy Centre and supported by National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019