Vizag Steel starts skill training for the disabled in Visakhapatnam
November 30, 2017
A skill development training programme for the disabled people has been started by Vizag Steel in Visakhapatnam.
The idea is to empower 100 disabled people living in the nearby villages of the steel company and other areas of Visakhapatnam.
It will help people with disabilities get the required skills to live a better and independent life.
Earlier, the company has shown support to the disabled people through many campaigns such as providing education, artificial limbs, calipers, tricycles and others.
The Skill development training is organised by Chhattisgarh Industrial & Technical Consultancy Centre and supported by National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News