Government may withdraw cheque books in future

Government may soon withdraw cheque books facility currently given to the bank account holders in the country.

This information has been given by the Secretary General of Confederation of All India Traders-CAIT, Praveen Khandelwal.

He said that the Modi government in the centre is keen to promote digital transactions and in near future cheque books may be stopped.

Khandelwal also claimed that only 5% of total ATM cards are used for cashless transactions in the country at present and the remaining 95% are used for cash withdrawals.

The withdrawal of cheque books will motivate people to use debit and credit cards.

Watch in Sign Language

Read More