Now wheelchair accessible cabs introduced in Ahmedabad
November 23, 2017
After the successful run of wheelchair accessible cabs in Bengaluru, the service has been started now in Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
The idea is to improve confidence in physically disabled people and allow them to be more independent.
These accessible vehicles do not require physically disabled people to transfer from their wheelchair to car seats.
The car is designed in a way that disabled people using wheelchairs get proper head space to sit comfortably.
Wheelchair cab makers hope that this project will help disabled people enjoy a problem-free travel and live a good life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News