Business loans for the disabled in Delhi soon
The Delhi government will soon provide business loans from Rs 50,000 to Rs 5 lakh to the disabled and people from SC and ST categories.
The idea is to help people from these communities of the city to fund their own business models.
The funds will be provided by the social welfare department.
The business loan plan will help promote development of starting a business among people from backward and minority groups.
The state government also plans to open skill development centres across the city.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News