Technical training and mass marriage programme for the disabled in Odisha
The Sambalpur administration of Odisha will organise a technical education training and mass marriage programme for the disabled people of the state.
The idea is to celebrate World Disability Day, which is on 3 December.
The technical education training programme will help physically disabled persons of the district to become self-employed while the mass marriage ceremony will allow physically disabled persons to find their life partner.
The block development officers of the district are told to form a team of members that will visit villages and identify physically disabled persons and know their financial status.
They are also told to make a self employment action plan for the disabled people to know their interests and provide training in the professions of their interest.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News