Technical training and mass marriage programme for the disabled in Odisha
November 25, 2017
The Sambalpur administration of Odisha will organise a technical education training and mass marriage programme for the disabled people of the state.
The idea is to celebrate World Disability Day, which is on 3 December.
The technical education training programme will help physically disabled persons of the district to become self-employed while the mass marriage ceremony will allow physically disabled persons to find their life partner.
The block development officers of the district are told to form a team of members that will visit villages and identify physically disabled persons and know their financial status.
They are also told to make a self employment action plan for the disabled people to know their interests and provide training in the professions of their interest.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News