Technical training and mass marriage programme for the disabled in Odisha
The Sambalpur administration of Odisha will organise a technical education training and mass marriage programme for the disabled people of the state.
The idea is to celebrate World Disability Day, which is on 3 December.
The technical education training programme will help physically disabled persons of the district to become self-employed while the mass marriage ceremony will allow physically disabled persons to find their life partner.
The block development officers of the district are told to form a team of members that will visit villages and identify physically disabled persons and know their financial status.
They are also told to make a self employment action plan for the disabled people to know their interests and provide training in the professions of their interest.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News