Technical training and mass marriage programme for the disabled in Odisha
November 25, 2017
The Sambalpur administration of Odisha will organise a technical education training and mass marriage programme for the disabled people of the state.
The idea is to celebrate World Disability Day, which is on 3 December.
The technical education training programme will help physically disabled persons of the district to become self-employed while the mass marriage ceremony will allow physically disabled persons to find their life partner.
The block development officers of the district are told to form a team of members that will visit villages and identify physically disabled persons and know their financial status.
They are also told to make a self employment action plan for the disabled people to know their interests and provide training in the professions of their interest.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News