Two accessible movies for the blind and deaf at IFFI
Two Hindi movies 'Secret Superstar' and 'Hindi Medium' will be made accessible for the deaf and blind viewers at the 48th year of IFFI - International Film Festival of India held in Goa. This is a part of Accessible India campaign.
Delhi-based organisation Saksham has added audio description to both the films for the blind viewers and subtitles for the deaf viewers.
The initiative to make movies accessible is a step towards inclusion.
It will make the visually impaired and hearing impaired people to participate in watching movies and make them a part of the active society.
Audio description will help the visually impaired understand the silent moments of the film which has no dialogues while subtitles will help the hearing impaired to know the dialogues and music parts of the film.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News