Jabalpur tops list of best disabled friendly districts in India
Jabalpur district in Madhya Pradesh has been declared best district for providing best services to physically disabled persons.
The district collector Mahesh Chandra Choudhary will receive national award on World Disability Day from President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi on 3 December.
The district has been ranked first in the country in Disabled Empowerment campaign of the government.
Jabalpur is first to set up e-library for blind students, rehabilitation of disabled and successful launch of different welfare schemes for the disabled.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News