Punjab university to increase retirement age of disabled professor
November 28, 2017
The Board of Finance (BoF) of Punjab University (PU) plans to consider increasing the retirement age of Prof Vijay Nagpal by two years, from 60 to 62 years because he has a physical disability. His lower body is 100% disabled.
If the decision is approved, other physically disabled teachers of the university will also benefit.
Prof Nagpal filed a petition this year in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
He said that as per the notice of the central government, the retirement age for physically disabled persons is increased by two years.
A meeting will be held by the BoF on 28 November to discuss the issue.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Technology June 27, 2019 #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News