Punjab university to increase retirement age of disabled professor
The Board of Finance (BoF) of Punjab University (PU) plans to consider increasing the retirement age of Prof Vijay Nagpal by two years, from 60 to 62 years because he has a physical disability. His lower body is 100% disabled.
If the decision is approved, other physically disabled teachers of the university will also benefit.
Prof Nagpal filed a petition this year in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
He said that as per the notice of the central government, the retirement age for physically disabled persons is increased by two years.
A meeting will be held by the BoF on 28 November to discuss the issue.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019