Punjab university to increase retirement age of disabled professor
November 28, 2017
The Board of Finance (BoF) of Punjab University (PU) plans to consider increasing the retirement age of Prof Vijay Nagpal by two years, from 60 to 62 years because he has a physical disability. His lower body is 100% disabled.
If the decision is approved, other physically disabled teachers of the university will also benefit.
Prof Nagpal filed a petition this year in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
He said that as per the notice of the central government, the retirement age for physically disabled persons is increased by two years.
A meeting will be held by the BoF on 28 November to discuss the issue.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News