Punjab university to increase retirement age of disabled professor
The Board of Finance (BoF) of Punjab University (PU) plans to consider increasing the retirement age of Prof Vijay Nagpal by two years, from 60 to 62 years because he has a physical disability. His lower body is 100% disabled.
If the decision is approved, other physically disabled teachers of the university will also benefit.
Prof Nagpal filed a petition this year in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
He said that as per the notice of the central government, the retirement age for physically disabled persons is increased by two years.
A meeting will be held by the BoF on 28 November to discuss the issue.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 5, 2018 2.0 may soon become Akshay Kumar’s most successful film
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Activities that can be fun & stimulating for kids with dyspraxia
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Employment December 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News