Hyderabad Metro to offer disabled friendly rides
The Hyderabad Metro's disabled friendly approach towards physically disabled and visually impaired passengers was seen in a recent test ride.
This is before the inauguration of a 30-km stretch by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 28 November.
The metro offers road level ramps for wheelchair users, wide corridors at stations, extra wide automated fare collection gates, lifts with Braille buttons and a tactile strip till the edge of the platform for the visually impaired and ticket vending machines to assist hearing impaired passengers.
Also, all stations have special toilets for the physically disabled with support bars, minimal gap between the platform and train floor for wheelchair users.
Signs and symbols have been made with high contrast levels to help partially blind passengers and those with cognitive disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News