Hyderabad Metro to offer disabled friendly rides
The Hyderabad Metro's disabled friendly approach towards physically disabled and visually impaired passengers was seen in a recent test ride.
This is before the inauguration of a 30-km stretch by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 28 November.
The metro offers road level ramps for wheelchair users, wide corridors at stations, extra wide automated fare collection gates, lifts with Braille buttons and a tactile strip till the edge of the platform for the visually impaired and ticket vending machines to assist hearing impaired passengers.
Also, all stations have special toilets for the physically disabled with support bars, minimal gap between the platform and train floor for wheelchair users.
Signs and symbols have been made with high contrast levels to help partially blind passengers and those with cognitive disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018