Hyderabad Metro to offer disabled friendly rides
November 27, 2017
The Hyderabad Metro's disabled friendly approach towards physically disabled and visually impaired passengers was seen in a recent test ride.
This is before the inauguration of a 30-km stretch by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 28 November.
The metro offers road level ramps for wheelchair users, wide corridors at stations, extra wide automated fare collection gates, lifts with Braille buttons and a tactile strip till the edge of the platform for the visually impaired and ticket vending machines to assist hearing impaired passengers.
Also, all stations have special toilets for the physically disabled with support bars, minimal gap between the platform and train floor for wheelchair users.
Signs and symbols have been made with high contrast levels to help partially blind passengers and those with cognitive disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News