Hyderabad Metro to offer disabled friendly rides
November 27, 2017
The Hyderabad Metro's disabled friendly approach towards physically disabled and visually impaired passengers was seen in a recent test ride.
This is before the inauguration of a 30-km stretch by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 28 November.
The metro offers road level ramps for wheelchair users, wide corridors at stations, extra wide automated fare collection gates, lifts with Braille buttons and a tactile strip till the edge of the platform for the visually impaired and ticket vending machines to assist hearing impaired passengers.
Also, all stations have special toilets for the physically disabled with support bars, minimal gap between the platform and train floor for wheelchair users.
Signs and symbols have been made with high contrast levels to help partially blind passengers and those with cognitive disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News