Blind use Braille maps to guide drivers at a Chandigarh rally
A blind man’s rally was held in Chandigarh where visually impaired students from the Institute for the Blind guided the drivers by using route maps in Braille. The participants covered a distance of 50 km in about two hours. Fifty students between 12- 18 years took part.
The winners were Sumit and Shweta alongwith their guides; in second place were Varinderjit Singh and his guides while Suparna Passi and guides Divya and Phushpita came third. The prizes were given away by the municipal commissioner.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News