An app that helps the blind to ‘See’
Saqib Shaikh is a blind software developer at Microsoft based in London, England.
He has developed an artificial intelligence software that enables the blind to see and perceive the world around them more accurately.
The app called Seeing AI uses visual recognition, speech intelligence, machine learning and other advance technologies.
When user points the smartphone camera at the person, object or scene they want to ‘see’, Seeing AI clicks a a photo, and then describes in detail what it sees.
The app can give details about the physical appearance of a person such as age, gender, hair colour and also facial expressions.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019