George Abraham shares his thoughts on inclusive education
November 30, 2017
The Supreme Court of India recently observed that it is not possible to think that disabled children can be included in the regular schools for getting an education.
George Abraham, founder of World Blind Cricket Council, motivational speaker, disability rights activist shares his thoughts on inclusive education.
Abraham shares that being blind himself, his journey in getting education in the mainstream school was not easy.
However, his classmates and teachers were very supportive and made efforts to create an accessible environment for him.
Abraham said that inclusive education means different for different disabilities and there is a huge lack of awareness among the policymakers.
He said mainstream education is a win win situation for both disabled and non disabled people.
It helps non disabled children to respect the diversity in the society and disabled people to socially connect with people and deal with their disability.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News