George Abraham shares his thoughts on inclusive education
The Supreme Court of India recently observed that it is not possible to think that disabled children can be included in the regular schools for getting an education.
George Abraham, founder of World Blind Cricket Council, motivational speaker, disability rights activist shares his thoughts on inclusive education.
Abraham shares that being blind himself, his journey in getting education in the mainstream school was not easy.
However, his classmates and teachers were very supportive and made efforts to create an accessible environment for him.
Abraham said that inclusive education means different for different disabilities and there is a huge lack of awareness among the policymakers.
He said mainstream education is a win win situation for both disabled and non disabled people.
It helps non disabled children to respect the diversity in the society and disabled people to socially connect with people and deal with their disability.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News