George Abraham shares his thoughts on inclusive education
The Supreme Court of India recently observed that it is not possible to think that disabled children can be included in the regular schools for getting an education.
George Abraham, founder of World Blind Cricket Council, motivational speaker, disability rights activist shares his thoughts on inclusive education.
Abraham shares that being blind himself, his journey in getting education in the mainstream school was not easy.
However, his classmates and teachers were very supportive and made efforts to create an accessible environment for him.
Abraham said that inclusive education means different for different disabilities and there is a huge lack of awareness among the policymakers.
He said mainstream education is a win win situation for both disabled and non disabled people.
It helps non disabled children to respect the diversity in the society and disabled people to socially connect with people and deal with their disability.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology October 23, 2018 What visually impaired people should look for while buying a phone
- Events October 18, 2018 ConneXion
- Accessibility October 22, 2018 Making gardening fun for wheelchair users
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Parasports October 23, 2018 India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News