George Abraham shares his thoughts on inclusive education
The Supreme Court of India recently observed that it is not possible to think that disabled children can be included in the regular schools for getting an education.
George Abraham, founder of World Blind Cricket Council, motivational speaker, disability rights activist shares his thoughts on inclusive education.
Abraham shares that being blind himself, his journey in getting education in the mainstream school was not easy.
However, his classmates and teachers were very supportive and made efforts to create an accessible environment for him.
Abraham said that inclusive education means different for different disabilities and there is a huge lack of awareness among the policymakers.
He said mainstream education is a win win situation for both disabled and non disabled people.
It helps non disabled children to respect the diversity in the society and disabled people to socially connect with people and deal with their disability.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018