Meet the man who made admission to IITs accessible for many students
Chukka Ramaiah's efforts to make admission into IITs cheaper and accessible to both rich and poor students equally was appreciated by Vice president M Venkaiah Naidu.
Naidu launched Ramaiah's book named Modati Patham (first lesson) recently.
He also announced that the Telangana government will make sure to provide copies of the book to all state libraries.
91 years old Ramaiah who is also known as IIT Ramaiah, is an Indian educationist and an expert in IIT coaching in mathematics.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News