Free education for special needs children in all states, says Centre
December 3, 2017
In a major step, the government of India has ordered all the states to ensure that education for children with special needs is made free
Government rules entitle children with special needs to free education up to 18 years.
The Human Resource Development MInistry, HRD, has asked all the states to make changes in the syllabus and examination system to meet the needs of students with special needs.
Certain facilities mandatory for special needs kids
This will go along with other facilities for these students, such as inclusive classrooms, extra time to complete examination papers, and exemption from second and third language courses.
There is an acute shortage of trained staff to teach children with special needs in India, To make up for this, states have also been told to set up teacher training institutions.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
July 17, 2019
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Karnataka political drama unfolds outside Mumbai hotel
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News