Free education for special needs children in all states, says Centre
December 3, 2017
In a major step, the government of India has ordered all the states to ensure that education for children with special needs is made free
Government rules entitle children with special needs to free education up to 18 years.
The Human Resource Development MInistry, HRD, has asked all the states to make changes in the syllabus and examination system to meet the needs of students with special needs.
Certain facilities mandatory for special needs kids
This will go along with other facilities for these students, such as inclusive classrooms, extra time to complete examination papers, and exemption from second and third language courses.
There is an acute shortage of trained staff to teach children with special needs in India, To make up for this, states have also been told to set up teacher training institutions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News