Free education for special needs children in all states, says Centre
December 3, 2017
In a major step, the government of India has ordered all the states to ensure that education for children with special needs is made free
Government rules entitle children with special needs to free education up to 18 years.
The Human Resource Development MInistry, HRD, has asked all the states to make changes in the syllabus and examination system to meet the needs of students with special needs.
Certain facilities mandatory for special needs kids
This will go along with other facilities for these students, such as inclusive classrooms, extra time to complete examination papers, and exemption from second and third language courses.
There is an acute shortage of trained staff to teach children with special needs in India, To make up for this, states have also been told to set up teacher training institutions.
Watch in Sign Language
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Events August 14, 2019 Deaf short film Festival 2019
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Events August 13, 2019 Inclusive Walkathon
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Parasports August 13, 2019 “Government apathy towards para sports demotivates us” - MyTake by Ebin Joseph
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News