Students at Indore school for deaf & speech impaired accuse teacher of molestation
Two students at a school in Indore called Mook Badhir Sansthan have accused their teacher of molesting them. The incident was reported at a helping session organised by Indore police after a young girl in Bhopal was gang-raped.
The police is holding such sessions to create awareness among the disabled community about crimes against women.
The two girls told the senior police officer in sign language that they were molested and harassed repeatedly by a teacher, who used to touch them inappropriately. They said that they had complained about this repeatedly but no action was taken by the people in charge at Mook Badhir institute.
One of the girls said that they had decided to leave the school in July 2017 after being harassed for nearly eight years. But even after that the teacher went to her home and molested her when no one was around. The teacher is yet to be arrested.
The students told the police officer that the teacher had harassed many students but no one had come forward with a complaint. An FIR under IPC Sections 354 and 354-d has now been registered.
Another 30-year-old deaf and speech impaired woman started crying on watching an awareness video shown by the police. She told the police that she was molested by her neighbour. The police officer told her mother to file a complaint as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019