Students at Indore school for deaf & speech impaired accuse teacher of molestation
Two students at a school in Indore called Mook Badhir Sansthan have accused their teacher of molesting them. The incident was reported at a helping session organised by Indore police after a young girl in Bhopal was gang-raped.
The police is holding such sessions to create awareness among the disabled community about crimes against women.
The two girls told the senior police officer in sign language that they were molested and harassed repeatedly by a teacher, who used to touch them inappropriately. They said that they had complained about this repeatedly but no action was taken by the people in charge at Mook Badhir institute.
One of the girls said that they had decided to leave the school in July 2017 after being harassed for nearly eight years. But even after that the teacher went to her home and molested her when no one was around. The teacher is yet to be arrested.
The students told the police officer that the teacher had harassed many students but no one had come forward with a complaint. An FIR under IPC Sections 354 and 354-d has now been registered.
Another 30-year-old deaf and speech impaired woman started crying on watching an awareness video shown by the police. She told the police that she was molested by her neighbour. The police officer told her mother to file a complaint as well.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 How disabled people can expedite their inclusion in society - Guest column by Turab Chimthanawala
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News