Students at Indore school for deaf & speech impaired accuse teacher of molestation
December 2, 2017
Two students at a school in Indore called Mook Badhir Sansthan have accused their teacher of molesting them. The incident was reported at a helping session organised by Indore police after a young girl in Bhopal was gang-raped.
The police is holding such sessions to create awareness among the disabled community about crimes against women.
The two girls told the senior police officer in sign language that they were molested and harassed repeatedly by a teacher, who used to touch them inappropriately. They said that they had complained about this repeatedly but no action was taken by the people in charge at Mook Badhir institute.
One of the girls said that they had decided to leave the school in July 2017 after being harassed for nearly eight years. But even after that the teacher went to her home and molested her when no one was around. The teacher is yet to be arrested.
The students told the police officer that the teacher had harassed many students but no one had come forward with a complaint. An FIR under IPC Sections 354 and 354-d has now been registered.
Another 30-year-old deaf and speech impaired woman started crying on watching an awareness video shown by the police. She told the police that she was molested by her neighbour. The police officer told her mother to file a complaint as well.
Watch in Sign Language
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
- Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
July 10, 2019
- Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
July 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Twitter hashtag sets off important conversation about worst disability "compliments"
- Headlines July 10, 2019 India-New Zealand match enters reserve day
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
- Headlines July 10, 2019 Karnataka political crisis intensifies
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News