This disabled model is using fashion & fitness to break stereotypes
December 3, 2017
Jack Eyers is handsome, confident and happy. He is the winner of the Mr England title of 2017-19, and beat 24 people to clinch the title.
What is amazing is that Jack is an amputee. He was born with a degenerative condition called Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency. This caused a deformed hip and a shortened leg, and he had his leg amputated when he was 16.
h2>First amputee to walk the ramp
But the six-pack wonder never let this hamper him. He set goals and was determined to enjoy life. He said that initially his deformed leg affected his confidence and he had to fight hard to stay positive.
Things changed when he met a guy who was an amputee and Hollywood actor. That inspired him to dream big and he decided to go for an amputation.
Jack wants to smash stereotypes about disability
He went on to become the first amputee to take part in the New York fashion week and got a lot of attention.
He wants to tell everyone who is disabled to be healthy and work on themselves. His next plan is to be part of Mr World and break the stereotypes on disability through fashion and fitness.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Events April 11, 2019 Sibling Gathering
- Headlines April 11, 2019 IPL 2019 - MI Vs KXIP
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News