This disabled model is using fashion & fitness to break stereotypes
Jack Eyers is handsome, confident and happy. He is the winner of the Mr England title of 2017-19, and beat 24 people to clinch the title.
What is amazing is that Jack is an amputee. He was born with a degenerative condition called Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency. This caused a deformed hip and a shortened leg, and he had his leg amputated when he was 16.
h2>First amputee to walk the ramp
But the six-pack wonder never let this hamper him. He set goals and was determined to enjoy life. He said that initially his deformed leg affected his confidence and he had to fight hard to stay positive.
Things changed when he met a guy who was an amputee and Hollywood actor. That inspired him to dream big and he decided to go for an amputation.
Jack wants to smash stereotypes about disability
He went on to become the first amputee to take part in the New York fashion week and got a lot of attention.
He wants to tell everyone who is disabled to be healthy and work on themselves. His next plan is to be part of Mr World and break the stereotypes on disability through fashion and fitness.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018