This disabled model is using fashion & fitness to break stereotypes
Jack Eyers is handsome, confident and happy. He is the winner of the Mr England title of 2017-19, and beat 24 people to clinch the title.
What is amazing is that Jack is an amputee. He was born with a degenerative condition called Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency. This caused a deformed hip and a shortened leg, and he had his leg amputated when he was 16.
h2>First amputee to walk the ramp
But the six-pack wonder never let this hamper him. He set goals and was determined to enjoy life. He said that initially his deformed leg affected his confidence and he had to fight hard to stay positive.
Things changed when he met a guy who was an amputee and Hollywood actor. That inspired him to dream big and he decided to go for an amputation.
Jack wants to smash stereotypes about disability
He went on to become the first amputee to take part in the New York fashion week and got a lot of attention.
He wants to tell everyone who is disabled to be healthy and work on themselves. His next plan is to be part of Mr World and break the stereotypes on disability through fashion and fitness.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ashok Munne's trips build friendships, promote inclusion & shatter notions about disability
October 24, 2018
- Some tips to help boost self-esteem of a child with autism
October 24, 2018
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Accessibility October 23, 2018 'Meet' the man who is bringing Hindi & Urdu poetry alive for visually impaired people
- Accessibility October 22, 2018 Making gardening fun for wheelchair users
- Accessibility October 24, 2018 Fashion designers wake up to growing demand for accessible style choices
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer to get married on 15 November
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News