Deaf movie review of Coco
December 9, 2017
A hearing perspective
Coco is an American computer-animated musical fantasy adventure family film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is directed by Lee Unkrich and co-directed by Adrian Molina.
Coco movie starts with a 12-year-old boy Miguel introducing Riveras family in an interesting picture story.
Miguel's great grandfather left his wife Imelda and daughter Coco to follow his own dreams of becoming more successful as a musician.
Imelda decides to take care of Coco and starts a family business of shoes, which is followed by all the members of Riveras family for generations.
Miguel is happy with his huge family but what he finds hard to accept is the family's strong hatred and belief that music is a curse to them.
Coco sends out a strong message on importance of family values
Miguel goes against the family when they get to know about his secret desire to become a musician.
He tries to steal the guitar of his favorite singer, the late Ernesto de la Cruz but accidentally enters the land of the dead.
Miguel becomes surprised to meet the souls of his old dead family members. He comes across Imelda who blesses him to go back to the land of living and forget about music.
However, Miguel doesn't accept her wish and decides to search Ernesto de la Cruz along with another friendly spirit named Hector.
How is Hector related with Coco and why is Miguel so passionate about music forms the main part of the story.
Coco movie is a must watch film for its message to respect elderly and understand the value of family.
I'm going with 4 out of 5 stars for the complete package of heart-touching storytelling, superb visualization and well-presented characters.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 25, 2019 18 children killed in fire at Surat building
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News