Deaf movie review of Coco
December 9, 2017
A hearing perspective
Coco is an American computer-animated musical fantasy adventure family film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is directed by Lee Unkrich and co-directed by Adrian Molina.
Coco movie starts with a 12-year-old boy Miguel introducing Riveras family in an interesting picture story.
Miguel's great grandfather left his wife Imelda and daughter Coco to follow his own dreams of becoming more successful as a musician.
Imelda decides to take care of Coco and starts a family business of shoes, which is followed by all the members of Riveras family for generations.
Miguel is happy with his huge family but what he finds hard to accept is the family's strong hatred and belief that music is a curse to them.
Coco sends out a strong message on importance of family values
Miguel goes against the family when they get to know about his secret desire to become a musician.
He tries to steal the guitar of his favorite singer, the late Ernesto de la Cruz but accidentally enters the land of the dead.
Miguel becomes surprised to meet the souls of his old dead family members. He comes across Imelda who blesses him to go back to the land of living and forget about music.
However, Miguel doesn't accept her wish and decides to search Ernesto de la Cruz along with another friendly spirit named Hector.
How is Hector related with Coco and why is Miguel so passionate about music forms the main part of the story.
Coco movie is a must watch film for its message to respect elderly and understand the value of family.
I'm going with 4 out of 5 stars for the complete package of heart-touching storytelling, superb visualization and well-presented characters.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Technology August 22, 2019 #TechThursdays – Kibo XS, world’s 1st intelligent personalised scanning & reading companion
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News