Scholarship for disabled students in technical education. Last date today!
1000 disabled students who have the skills to make a career in technical education are offered scholarships by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The idea is to give a chance to disabled students to study further and live a successful and respectful life.
To apply for scholarship, students with 40% disability must be in the first year of any diploma or degree course recognized by AICTE.
Also, the family income of disabled students must be less than Rs 8 lakh per annum.
Selected students will get up to Rs 30,000 as tuition fee and Rs 2,000 per month for 10 months as an allowance.
Interested candidates need to apply online on the official website.
The last date to submit application is 30 November.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018