Sign language becomes popular in Bengaluru, even hearing people opting to learn it
A group of deaf people came together at the Rangoli Art Centre in Bengaluru recently to communicate using sign language.
The programme called Fingerchats is organised by the NGO Enhance India and involves both deaf as well as people who are able to hear.
The deaf team first teaches sign language to people who can hear. After the training, both deaf and hearing people talk to each other in sign language.
The idea came after it was seen that there is a need for families to understand their deaf children.
The workshops are held during the fourth Sunday and it involves a coming together of the group once a month.
The NGO also plans to organise a dance event Thandav in December in which people with disabilities will participate to show their talent.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018