Rubik's Cube for people with vision impairments
Kristen Sharpless is a student and has designed a Rubik's Cube that can be used by people with vision impairments.
Kristen is a graduate student from the University of Massachusetts in USA and created the Rubik's Cube as part of a project.
She then posted about the tactile cube online and received a lot of positive response.
Her Rubik's Cube design is very simple yet useful.
Kristen used buttons, stickers and other 3D objects and put them on the 6 sides of the cube creating 6 different textures.
People with vision impairments can feel the 6 sides and solve the cube to match the different textures.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018