Inclusive Spaces - Children's Parks, Bengaluru
All children love to play. Through play, they explore the world around them, they invent and they create. Play is not just fun and games. It helps improve learning, build friendships, and teaches team spirit.
In our series on Inclusive Spaces, today we profile three children's parks in Bengaluru that are bringing this valuable experience of play to all children, including those with disabilities. Most parks in India are not designed for kids with disabilities. They are neither wheelchair accessible and nor do they have equipment that makes play an enriching experience.
Kilikili brings inclusive play to life
Kilikili, an organisation based in Bengaluru, has been working tirelessly to change this since 2005. Founded by Kavitha Krishnamurthy, Kilikili is working towards building playgrounds for children with special needs.
Tactile pathways & bucket swings make play a sensory experience
In this photo story, we look at three parks in the city of Bengaluru that have been designed by Kilikili after consultations with children with disabilities as well as special educators, parents and paediatricians. From bucket swings to tactile pathways to sand pits that are accessible to wheelchair users, these parks simply stun you with the breadth of vision and thought that have gone behind creating them.
Today, Kilikili is working with schools and organisations in many other cities to promote inclusive play.
To watch the other photo stories in the Inclusive Spaces series, click below:
Ability On Wheels, Ahmedabad
DAG Modern, New Delhi
Big Bazaar Mumbai
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018