World Disability Day celebrated by children at this Kerala school
The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)’s South Urban Resource Centre (URC) at the Sathram school in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala celebrated International Day of Persons with Disabilities by organising many programmes.
Nearly 100 disabled children took part in arts and cultural events of the programme named Onnichonnai.
The idea was to support children with disabilities and make them a part of the society.
Other activities held were ringing a gift, bursting balloons, painting and playing basketball and aerobics.
The chief guest of the event was Devesh Mahadev, a bank officer with disability working at the State Bank of India, Karikode branch, Kollam.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Events December 17, 2018 Tycoons Rotary Marathon
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News