World Disability Day celebrated by children at this Kerala school
The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)’s South Urban Resource Centre (URC) at the Sathram school in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala celebrated International Day of Persons with Disabilities by organising many programmes.
Nearly 100 disabled children took part in arts and cultural events of the programme named Onnichonnai.
The idea was to support children with disabilities and make them a part of the society.
Other activities held were ringing a gift, bursting balloons, painting and playing basketball and aerobics.
The chief guest of the event was Devesh Mahadev, a bank officer with disability working at the State Bank of India, Karikode branch, Kollam.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
- Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 This special school in Madurai focuses on various therapies for disabled children
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News