World Disability Day celebrated by children at this Kerala school
The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)’s South Urban Resource Centre (URC) at the Sathram school in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala celebrated International Day of Persons with Disabilities by organising many programmes.
Nearly 100 disabled children took part in arts and cultural events of the programme named Onnichonnai.
The idea was to support children with disabilities and make them a part of the society.
Other activities held were ringing a gift, bursting balloons, painting and playing basketball and aerobics.
The chief guest of the event was Devesh Mahadev, a bank officer with disability working at the State Bank of India, Karikode branch, Kollam.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News