World Disability Day celebrated by children at this Kerala school
December 1, 2017
The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)'s South Urban Resource Centre (URC) at the Sathram school in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala celebrated International Day of Persons with Disabilities by organising many programmes.
Nearly 100 disabled children took part in arts and cultural events of the programme named Onnichonnai.
The idea was to support children with disabilities and make them a part of the society.
Other activities held were ringing a gift, bursting balloons, painting and playing basketball and aerobics.
The chief guest of the event was Devesh Mahadev, a bank officer with disability working at the State Bank of India, Karikode branch, Kollam.
Watch in Sign Language
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
- Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
July 10, 2019
- Online petition seeks rehab of deaf youth affected by closing down of training centre
July 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports July 9, 2019 Ahead of crucial World Cup match, India's disabled cricketers have tips for Team India
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Headlines July 9, 2019 Dhoni refers to retirement rumours
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 10, 2019 Dhoni is 2nd Indian cricketer to play 350 ODIs
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News