Here are the winners of the NewzHook photo contest!
December 11, 2017
We had an overwhelming response to the NewzHook Photo Contest exclusively for people with disabilities. The theme was Life Around Me and we received entries from across India.
Today, on World Disability Day, we are announcing the top three winners in the two categories, 12 to 18 years, and above 18 years.
In the 12-18 age group category, the Top Prize goes to Ajo P.A, from Kerala. Ajo, who is deaf, is very interested in photography and graphic design. He is a graduate of the National Institute Of Speech Hearing. The Second Prize was given to Pranav Bakhshi. Pranav, who is 17 years old, has autism and is keen to explore new opportunities. He loves golf and English music, and above all, walking the fashion ramp! The Third prize was won by Sujit Sajja, who is 15 years old and has already made up his mind to become a wildlife photographer and animal conservationist. Sujit has dyslexia and needs help to read and write.
In the above 18 years category, the Top Prize has been given to Gautam Lakra, who sent us his entry from Jammu and Kashmir. Gautam took up photography just three years ago. He is 59 years old and has a spinal cord injury from a car accident. The Second prize goes to Onkar Joshifrom Pune, who is deaf. He is a senior software engineer and calls photography and programming his passions. One can certainly see that in his entry! The Third prize goes to 18-year-old Shubhajit Bhattacharya, who does not have hands, shoulder down. Described as courteous, optimistic, and extremely determined, Shubhajit works full time with a disability rights group.
Congratulations to all the winners and stay hooked to NewzHook for more such contests in the future!
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News