Here are the winners of the NewzHook photo contest!
December 11, 2017
We had an overwhelming response to the NewzHook Photo Contest exclusively for people with disabilities. The theme was Life Around Me and we received entries from across India.
Today, on World Disability Day, we are announcing the top three winners in the two categories, 12 to 18 years, and above 18 years.
In the 12-18 age group category, the Top Prize goes to Ajo P.A, from Kerala. Ajo, who is deaf, is very interested in photography and graphic design. He is a graduate of the National Institute Of Speech Hearing. The Second Prize was given to Pranav Bakhshi. Pranav, who is 17 years old, has autism and is keen to explore new opportunities. He loves golf and English music, and above all, walking the fashion ramp! The Third prize was won by Sujit Sajja, who is 15 years old and has already made up his mind to become a wildlife photographer and animal conservationist. Sujit has dyslexia and needs help to read and write.
In the above 18 years category, the Top Prize has been given to Gautam Lakra, who sent us his entry from Jammu and Kashmir. Gautam took up photography just three years ago. He is 59 years old and has a spinal cord injury from a car accident. The Second prize goes to Onkar Joshifrom Pune, who is deaf. He is a senior software engineer and calls photography and programming his passions. One can certainly see that in his entry! The Third prize goes to 18-year-old Shubhajit Bhattacharya, who does not have hands, shoulder down. Described as courteous, optimistic, and extremely determined, Shubhajit works full time with a disability rights group.
Congratulations to all the winners and stay hooked to NewzHook for more such contests in the future!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News