Rupee notes to have Braille marks!
A welcome step to empowering the blind! The Reserve Bank of India has said that bank notes will now carry some additional marks so the blind can identify them. Notes of Rs 100 will have four parallel lines near the watermark of Mahatma Gandhi; Rs 500 notes will have five lines and there were be six lines in notes of Rs 1000.
They will also feature marks so they are easy to recognize. Notes of Rs 1000 will have a diamond, Rs 500 will carry a circle, a triangle for Rs 100 and a square for Rs 50
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Congress leader jailed for life in anti-Sikh riots case
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018