Rupee notes to have Braille marks!
February 16, 2016
A welcome step to empowering the blind! The Reserve Bank of India has said that bank notes will now carry some additional marks so the blind can identify them. Notes of Rs 100 will have four parallel lines near the watermark of Mahatma Gandhi; Rs 500 notes will have five lines and there were be six lines in notes of Rs 1000.
They will also feature marks so they are easy to recognize. Notes of Rs 1000 will have a diamond, Rs 500 will carry a circle, a triangle for Rs 100 and a square for Rs 50
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News