Rupee notes to have Braille marks!
A welcome step to empowering the blind! The Reserve Bank of India has said that bank notes will now carry some additional marks so the blind can identify them. Notes of Rs 100 will have four parallel lines near the watermark of Mahatma Gandhi; Rs 500 notes will have five lines and there were be six lines in notes of Rs 1000.
They will also feature marks so they are easy to recognize. Notes of Rs 1000 will have a diamond, Rs 500 will carry a circle, a triangle for Rs 100 and a square for Rs 50
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019