Stand Up for the disabled, is the message of a powerful video that aims to raise awareness about disability
December 7, 2017
Moved by the incident of a disabled man who was beaten up for not standing up for the National Anthem, advertising filmmakers Ajay Bhaskar and Ashvin Naidu, who head a company called Avakkai Films, have produced a special rendition of the national anthem, featuring athletes, artists, and other professionals from various fields. have started the The Stand Up Project. Through the month of December they aim to raise awareness for the disabled.
The Stand Up Project
They don't want the community to be celebrated on just one day but start a culture when December is seen as a month for creating awareness about disability, just like October is for breast cancer awareness.
They have released a video that celebrates the spirit of the disabled with the hashtag #DecemberFor TheDifferentlyAbled. The video has Shalini Saraswathi, who is a quadruple amputee and marathon runner, swimmer Vishwas KS, Sandesh BG, who is a paralympic athlete, Prajwal B, a basketball player, tennis player Shiva Prasad S, Ashwin Karthik SN, who is India's first engineering graduate with cerebral palsy, tennis player Prathima N Rao, MS Nagendra, a theatre artiste, and Sheryl Rebecca, a scientist.
Together they send a powerful message that if they can can stand up for the nation, then the nation should stand up for the disabled. They hope to make people aware of the lives of those who are disabled.
The Stand Up Project hopes to break the notion that the disabled are weaker than others. Every barrier they cross is an inspiration It wants to "tell world organisations to come together to make society equal for all by fighting for the rights and policies that make the life of differently-abled people better", says Ashwin Karthik.
To watch the video, click - https://youtu.be/8BD9hvpLCig
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News