Stand Up for the disabled, is the message of a powerful video that aims to raise awareness about disability
December 7, 2017
Moved by the incident of a disabled man who was beaten up for not standing up for the National Anthem, advertising filmmakers Ajay Bhaskar and Ashvin Naidu, who head a company called Avakkai Films, have produced a special rendition of the national anthem, featuring athletes, artists, and other professionals from various fields. have started the The Stand Up Project. Through the month of December they aim to raise awareness for the disabled.
The Stand Up Project
They don't want the community to be celebrated on just one day but start a culture when December is seen as a month for creating awareness about disability, just like October is for breast cancer awareness.
They have released a video that celebrates the spirit of the disabled with the hashtag #DecemberFor TheDifferentlyAbled. The video has Shalini Saraswathi, who is a quadruple amputee and marathon runner, swimmer Vishwas KS, Sandesh BG, who is a paralympic athlete, Prajwal B, a basketball player, tennis player Shiva Prasad S, Ashwin Karthik SN, who is India's first engineering graduate with cerebral palsy, tennis player Prathima N Rao, MS Nagendra, a theatre artiste, and Sheryl Rebecca, a scientist.
Together they send a powerful message that if they can can stand up for the nation, then the nation should stand up for the disabled. They hope to make people aware of the lives of those who are disabled.
The Stand Up Project hopes to break the notion that the disabled are weaker than others. Every barrier they cross is an inspiration It wants to "tell world organisations to come together to make society equal for all by fighting for the rights and policies that make the life of differently-abled people better", says Ashwin Karthik.
To watch the video, click - https://youtu.be/8BD9hvpLCig
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News