Kerala Blasters football team to support the cause of blind football
The Kerala Blasters team, which plays for the Indian Soccer League, will host the Indian Blind Football Federation players in their training ground to help raise awareness about blind football.
India's first blind football academy was set up in Kochi just a few months back. The Indian blind football team is at 23rd position in world rankings. Blind football is also a Paralympic sport and a blind football World Championship is organised by the International Blind Sports Association every year.
Despite a match on Sunday against Mumbai City FC, the Kerala Blasters found time to interact with the blind They are yet to win a game in the fourth season of ISL.
Their gesture of support is heartwarming and will help raise awareness and interest towards blind football and disability as a whole.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News