Kerala Blasters football team to support the cause of blind football
December 4, 2017
The Kerala Blasters team, which plays for the Indian Soccer League, will host the Indian Blind Football Federation players in their training ground to help raise awareness about blind football.
India's first blind football academy was set up in Kochi just a few months back. The Indian blind football team is at 23rd position in world rankings. Blind football is also a Paralympic sport and a blind football World Championship is organised by the International Blind Sports Association every year.
Despite a match on Sunday against Mumbai City FC, the Kerala Blasters found time to interact with the blind They are yet to win a game in the fourth season of ISL.
Their gesture of support is heartwarming and will help raise awareness and interest towards blind football and disability as a whole.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News