Kerala Blasters football team to support the cause of blind football
December 4, 2017
The Kerala Blasters team, which plays for the Indian Soccer League, will host the Indian Blind Football Federation players in their training ground to help raise awareness about blind football.
India's first blind football academy was set up in Kochi just a few months back. The Indian blind football team is at 23rd position in world rankings. Blind football is also a Paralympic sport and a blind football World Championship is organised by the International Blind Sports Association every year.
Despite a match on Sunday against Mumbai City FC, the Kerala Blasters found time to interact with the blind They are yet to win a game in the fourth season of ISL.
Their gesture of support is heartwarming and will help raise awareness and interest towards blind football and disability as a whole.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News