Kerala Blasters football team to support the cause of blind football
The Kerala Blasters team, which plays for the Indian Soccer League, will host the Indian Blind Football Federation players in their training ground to help raise awareness about blind football.
India's first blind football academy was set up in Kochi just a few months back. The Indian blind football team is at 23rd position in world rankings. Blind football is also a Paralympic sport and a blind football World Championship is organised by the International Blind Sports Association every year.
Despite a match on Sunday against Mumbai City FC, the Kerala Blasters found time to interact with the blind They are yet to win a game in the fourth season of ISL.
Their gesture of support is heartwarming and will help raise awareness and interest towards blind football and disability as a whole.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News