Kerala Blasters football team to support the cause of blind football
The Kerala Blasters team, which plays for the Indian Soccer League, will host the Indian Blind Football Federation players in their training ground to help raise awareness about blind football.
India's first blind football academy was set up in Kochi just a few months back. The Indian blind football team is at 23rd position in world rankings. Blind football is also a Paralympic sport and a blind football World Championship is organised by the International Blind Sports Association every year.
Despite a match on Sunday against Mumbai City FC, the Kerala Blasters found time to interact with the blind They are yet to win a game in the fourth season of ISL.
Their gesture of support is heartwarming and will help raise awareness and interest towards blind football and disability as a whole.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Strengthening the parent-child bond is key to empowering kids with autism at Aarambh
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News