5 Indians with disabilities that inspire
December 6, 2017
Yesterday was World Disability Day and it was marked by various activities and events across the world. Here are some people with disabilities in India that have not given up in life.
- Sudha Chandran is an amputee dancer and actor who has made quite a name for herself in the country. Sudha is a classical dancer and uses a prosthetic leg.
- Malathi Krishnamurthy Holla is a para-athlete and is famous within the country and outside as well. Malathi is paralysed from the waist down and has won Gold medals in 200m race, javelin throw, discus throw and shot put.
- Sadhna Dhand is deaf and s a passionate painter. Her work is famous and she has won several awards at both state and national level.
- Dr Suresh Advani is a surgeon on wheelchair. He is the first Indian oncologist to successfully conduct a bone-marrow transplant.
- Arunima Sinha is the first woman amputee to successfully climb the Mount Everest.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News