5 Indians with disabilities that inspire
Yesterday was World Disability Day and it was marked by various activities and events across the world. Here are some people with disabilities in India that have not given up in life.
- Sudha Chandran is an amputee dancer and actor who has made quite a name for herself in the country. Sudha is a classical dancer and uses a prosthetic leg.
- Malathi Krishnamurthy Holla is a para-athlete and is famous within the country and outside as well. Malathi is paralysed from the waist down and has won Gold medals in 200m race, javelin throw, discus throw and shot put.
- Sadhna Dhand is deaf and s a passionate painter. Her work is famous and she has won several awards at both state and national level.
- Dr Suresh Advani is a surgeon on wheelchair. He is the first Indian oncologist to successfully conduct a bone-marrow transplant.
- Arunima Sinha is the first woman amputee to successfully climb the Mount Everest.
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!