A walk for the blind through the fascinating streets of Chandni Chowk!
On the occasion of World Disability Day on 3 December, Enable Travel organized a food and heritage walk for the blind at Chandni Chowk in New Delhi.
This was an inclusive walk open to everyone, people with and without disabilities.
Two guides were present all along and they ensured that visitors were constantly given historical information about the beautiful lanes of Chandni Chowk. This made the walk both charming and informative.
Considerable thought was given to the quality of the tour as the guides gave information that involved all the five senses. They outlined a rough map on the palms of the blind participants using their fingers, to help them understand the layout of the places.
The bells from the temple, and the aroma of the food led the way into the fascinating tour of around two hours.
The first stop was the Gauri Shankar Mandir, followed by the famous “Samosa and Jalebi Waala”.
The next stop was the famous ”Paranthe Wali Gali”, which is well known for Delhi's famous paranthas. The experience was a food lover's delight. There was a trip to Kedar Nath Premchand Halwai, famous for its Nagori Halwa and kachoris. This food experience was merged with the cultural touch of the famous Kanari Bazar.
It is commendable that despite the traffic and narrow crowded lanes Enable Travel ensured that the travel was a safe, informative and fun experience.
The number of people who were part of this fun walk was few. But hopefully in future there will be greater participation once word spreads.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018