A walk for the blind through the fascinating streets of Chandni Chowk!
On the occasion of World Disability Day on 3 December, Enable Travel organized a food and heritage walk for the blind at Chandni Chowk in New Delhi.
This was an inclusive walk open to everyone, people with and without disabilities.
Two guides were present all along and they ensured that visitors were constantly given historical information about the beautiful lanes of Chandni Chowk. This made the walk both charming and informative.
Considerable thought was given to the quality of the tour as the guides gave information that involved all the five senses. They outlined a rough map on the palms of the blind participants using their fingers, to help them understand the layout of the places.
The bells from the temple, and the aroma of the food led the way into the fascinating tour of around two hours.
The first stop was the Gauri Shankar Mandir, followed by the famous “Samosa and Jalebi Waala”.
The next stop was the famous ”Paranthe Wali Gali”, which is well known for Delhi's famous paranthas. The experience was a food lover's delight. There was a trip to Kedar Nath Premchand Halwai, famous for its Nagori Halwa and kachoris. This food experience was merged with the cultural touch of the famous Kanari Bazar.
It is commendable that despite the traffic and narrow crowded lanes Enable Travel ensured that the travel was a safe, informative and fun experience.
The number of people who were part of this fun walk was few. But hopefully in future there will be greater participation once word spreads.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019