Train every teacher to reach out to disabled students, says President of India
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind has said that every teacher should be given special training on educating special students.
The President said that the special training will enable teachers to understand the needs of disabled students and take necessary steps for their empowerment.
The President's suggestion comes at a time when the Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE, has set up a committee to frame a a policy for educating kids with special needs.
The President also presented national awards to 52 winners, both individuals and organisations, under 14 different categories. All of them went to private companies and not a single government organisation was found eligible for the award under Best Employer category.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Accessibility December 5, 2018 PVR's Accessible Cinema Program shows the way forward in inclusion
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Campaigning for accessibility from UAE to India - My Take by Shobhika Kalra, Co-founder, Wings of Angelz
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Activities that can be fun & stimulating for kids with dyspraxia
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Disability Heroes - Virali Modi is open & proud about her disability
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News