Train every teacher to reach out to disabled students, says President of India
December 12, 2017
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind has said that every teacher should be given special training on educating special students.
The President said that the special training will enable teachers to understand the needs of disabled students and take necessary steps for their empowerment.
The President's suggestion comes at a time when the Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE, has set up a committee to frame a a policy for educating kids with special needs.
The President also presented national awards to 52 winners, both individuals and organisations, under 14 different categories. All of them went to private companies and not a single government organisation was found eligible for the award under Best Employer category.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Indian father pleads guilty in death of adoptive child with disability
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News