Train every teacher to reach out to disabled students, says President of India
December 12, 2017
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind has said that every teacher should be given special training on educating special students.
The President said that the special training will enable teachers to understand the needs of disabled students and take necessary steps for their empowerment.
The President's suggestion comes at a time when the Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE, has set up a committee to frame a a policy for educating kids with special needs.
The President also presented national awards to 52 winners, both individuals and organisations, under 14 different categories. All of them went to private companies and not a single government organisation was found eligible for the award under Best Employer category.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News