Artificial Limb Centre at Pune looks to manufacture ultra modern solutions for amputees
There are plans to develop the Artificial Limb Centre at the The Armed Forces Medical Services in Pune into an ultra modern facility.
The facility will provide artificial limb, appliances and rehabilitative care to soldiers and will carry out research aimed at building locally developed solutions to its requirements.
The Ministry of Defense has asked the centre to submit detailed plans for the modernisation of the centre.
Because modern challenges are different, there is a need for the facility to be advanced to cater to future needs. The soldiers are in warlike situations constantly and injuries due to mine blasts, enemy action and counter terrorism are much more common. Therefore, modern facilities are needed to meet these needs.
The ALC's manufacturing unit creates develops artificial limbs but the centre buys other modern limbs from private manufacturers to cater to the need of patients. Rather than buy them, the centre plans to manufacture modern and more functional limb.
Soldiers, both disabled and paraplegic, have been performing well at international sports events in the past few years. Making expensive limbs, like the blades used by blade runners, in India will be a major achievement.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Bollywood celebrity manager accused in #MeToo movement attempts suicide
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Disabled people stresses on need for inclusion
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News