Deaf artists painted murals on World Disability Day
December 8, 2017
On the occasion of World Disability Day, a unique initiative took place in Bandra, Mumbai to create awarness about inclusion.
Deaf artists - Anish, Harish & Piya painted beautiful Murals with the help of artists from Delhi Street Art.
The murals were created in Rizvi Complex Bandra.
NewzHook reporter Shalaka Pol attended the event and did a review in sign language.
The Mural painting initiative was carried out with the support of Enable travel, India Signing Hands PvT Ltd and Centum learning.
The murals were based on the concept of inclusion and promotion of Indian sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News