Deaf artists painted murals on World Disability Day
December 8, 2017
On the occasion of World Disability Day, a unique initiative took place in Bandra, Mumbai to create awarness about inclusion.
Deaf artists - Anish, Harish & Piya painted beautiful Murals with the help of artists from Delhi Street Art.
The murals were created in Rizvi Complex Bandra.
NewzHook reporter Shalaka Pol attended the event and did a review in sign language.
The Mural painting initiative was carried out with the support of Enable travel, India Signing Hands PvT Ltd and Centum learning.
The murals were based on the concept of inclusion and promotion of Indian sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News