Watch these kids battle it out in India's 1st quiz for disabled children!
December 10, 2017
Get set for a quiz, the first of its kind for children with disabilities.
The idea is the brainchild of Sharath Babu, Akshath A and Himadri Banerjee, who head a company called 4 Edge Quizzing Solutions. They formed the company while in college while hosting quizzes for schools. Today they also host quizzes for colleges, corporates, start-ups and NGOs around south India and abroad.
First Quizabled on 11 December to mark World Disability Day
However, they are excited about organising a quiz for disabled kids. The first one will be in Bengaluru on 11 December for Seva-in-Action. The competition is for kids with disabilities from special and regular schools across the Bengaluru district.
Participants will be divided into four groups - intellectually disabled, autism and cerebral palsy, blind and deaf. To get more children to participate, the prelims will be held division-wise across the city on 8 December to select contestants for the semi-finals and finals.
Finals on 16 December
The finals of Quizabled will be held on 16 December at Sri Godwad Bhavan. The participating children will be given many awards with winners getting tablet PCs, special devices and more.
Events in Kannada & English
The quiz will cover topics like current affairs, national and international, history and culture, science, business, geography, sports, entertainment and Karnataka state facts. There will also be themes like food, cartoons etc for those with intellectual disabilities. The medium of the quiz is Kannada and English.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News