Watch these kids battle it out in India's 1st quiz for disabled children!
Get set for a quiz, the first of its kind for children with disabilities.
The idea is the brainchild of Sharath Babu, Akshath A and Himadri Banerjee, who head a company called 4 Edge Quizzing Solutions. They formed the company while in college while hosting quizzes for schools. Today they also host quizzes for colleges, corporates, start-ups and NGOs around south India and abroad.
First Quizabled on 11 December to mark World Disability Day
However, they are excited about organising a quiz for disabled kids. The first one will be in Bengaluru on 11 December for Seva-in-Action. The competition is for kids with disabilities from special and regular schools across the Bengaluru district.
Participants will be divided into four groups - intellectually disabled, autism and cerebral palsy, blind and deaf. To get more children to participate, the prelims will be held division-wise across the city on 8 December to select contestants for the semi-finals and finals.
Finals on 16 December
The finals of Quizabled will be held on 16 December at Sri Godwad Bhavan. The participating children will be given many awards with winners getting tablet PCs, special devices and more.
Events in Kannada & English
The quiz will cover topics like current affairs, national and international, history and culture, science, business, geography, sports, entertainment and Karnataka state facts. There will also be themes like food, cartoons etc for those with intellectual disabilities. The medium of the quiz is Kannada and English.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018