Watch these kids battle it out in India's 1st quiz for disabled children!
Get set for a quiz, the first of its kind for children with disabilities.
The idea is the brainchild of Sharath Babu, Akshath A and Himadri Banerjee, who head a company called 4 Edge Quizzing Solutions. They formed the company while in college while hosting quizzes for schools. Today they also host quizzes for colleges, corporates, start-ups and NGOs around south India and abroad.
First Quizabled on 11 December to mark World Disability Day
However, they are excited about organising a quiz for disabled kids. The first one will be in Bengaluru on 11 December for Seva-in-Action. The competition is for kids with disabilities from special and regular schools across the Bengaluru district.
Participants will be divided into four groups - intellectually disabled, autism and cerebral palsy, blind and deaf. To get more children to participate, the prelims will be held division-wise across the city on 8 December to select contestants for the semi-finals and finals.
Finals on 16 December
The finals of Quizabled will be held on 16 December at Sri Godwad Bhavan. The participating children will be given many awards with winners getting tablet PCs, special devices and more.
Events in Kannada & English
The quiz will cover topics like current affairs, national and international, history and culture, science, business, geography, sports, entertainment and Karnataka state facts. There will also be themes like food, cartoons etc for those with intellectual disabilities. The medium of the quiz is Kannada and English.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019