Watch these kids battle it out in India's 1st quiz for disabled children!
December 10, 2017
Get set for a quiz, the first of its kind for children with disabilities.
The idea is the brainchild of Sharath Babu, Akshath A and Himadri Banerjee, who head a company called 4 Edge Quizzing Solutions. They formed the company while in college while hosting quizzes for schools. Today they also host quizzes for colleges, corporates, start-ups and NGOs around south India and abroad.
First Quizabled on 11 December to mark World Disability Day
However, they are excited about organising a quiz for disabled kids. The first one will be in Bengaluru on 11 December for Seva-in-Action. The competition is for kids with disabilities from special and regular schools across the Bengaluru district.
Participants will be divided into four groups - intellectually disabled, autism and cerebral palsy, blind and deaf. To get more children to participate, the prelims will be held division-wise across the city on 8 December to select contestants for the semi-finals and finals.
Finals on 16 December
The finals of Quizabled will be held on 16 December at Sri Godwad Bhavan. The participating children will be given many awards with winners getting tablet PCs, special devices and more.
Events in Kannada & English
The quiz will cover topics like current affairs, national and international, history and culture, science, business, geography, sports, entertainment and Karnataka state facts. There will also be themes like food, cartoons etc for those with intellectual disabilities. The medium of the quiz is Kannada and English.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News