Supreme Court to Uttar Pradesh -Set up system to promote inclusive education
December 7, 2017
The Uttar Pradesh government has been directed to come up with a system that helps promote inclusive education. This is to make sure that students with disabilities are not denied a regular, mainstream education.
UP government under fire for failure to promote inclusive education
The court has also asked the state government how it would work out the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, by providing inclusive education.
It has asked the state department of education to file a reply keeping in mind the provisions of the Act that deal with equality and non-discrimination. The reply also has to mention the number of disabled children in the state and the categories of the disability.
The Uttar Pradesh has claimed that 16 special schools have already been established, which are working and have teachers in place. It claims the schools are teaching the blind, deaf, speech impaired and physically disabled kids.
With regards to mental disability, it said there were two schools running at Allahabad and Lucknow, while two special schools for the physically disabled are in Lucknow and Pratapgarh.
Seventeen more schools were under construction for children with special needs. This is after the court asked why there were no separate schools and trained teachers for students who suffer from autism, are blind and deaf.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News