Supreme Court to Uttar Pradesh -Set up system to promote inclusive education
The Uttar Pradesh government has been directed to come up with a system that helps promote inclusive education. This is to make sure that students with disabilities are not denied a regular, mainstream education.
UP government under fire for failure to promote inclusive education
The court has also asked the state government how it would work out the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, by providing inclusive education.
It has asked the state department of education to file a reply keeping in mind the provisions of the Act that deal with equality and non-discrimination. The reply also has to mention the number of disabled children in the state and the categories of the disability.
The Uttar Pradesh has claimed that 16 special schools have already been established, which are working and have teachers in place. It claims the schools are teaching the blind, deaf, speech impaired and physically disabled kids.
With regards to mental disability, it said there were two schools running at Allahabad and Lucknow, while two special schools for the physically disabled are in Lucknow and Pratapgarh.
Seventeen more schools were under construction for children with special needs. This is after the court asked why there were no separate schools and trained teachers for students who suffer from autism, are blind and deaf.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018