Supreme Court to Uttar Pradesh -Set up system to promote inclusive education
December 7, 2017
The Uttar Pradesh government has been directed to come up with a system that helps promote inclusive education. This is to make sure that students with disabilities are not denied a regular, mainstream education.
UP government under fire for failure to promote inclusive education
The court has also asked the state government how it would work out the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, by providing inclusive education.
It has asked the state department of education to file a reply keeping in mind the provisions of the Act that deal with equality and non-discrimination. The reply also has to mention the number of disabled children in the state and the categories of the disability.
The Uttar Pradesh has claimed that 16 special schools have already been established, which are working and have teachers in place. It claims the schools are teaching the blind, deaf, speech impaired and physically disabled kids.
With regards to mental disability, it said there were two schools running at Allahabad and Lucknow, while two special schools for the physically disabled are in Lucknow and Pratapgarh.
Seventeen more schools were under construction for children with special needs. This is after the court asked why there were no separate schools and trained teachers for students who suffer from autism, are blind and deaf.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News