Assam government to start special campaign to give jobs to the disabled
The government of Assam will start a special recruitment campaign to fill up the backlog vacancies for disabled persons in various government departments.
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said that all backlog vacancies for disabled will be filled up by 20 December.
Right now, there are around 4419 jobs vacant under physically disabled category and the number may increase after analysis of disabled category posts in other departments.
The Chief Minister has also asked the social welfare department to create a calendar for recruitment and selection process of all the other government departments of the state.
For now, representatives of disabled associations have requested the minister to take action for building a rest house for disabled persons in Guwahati.
Watch in Sign Language
- Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
December 15, 2018
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News