Assam government to start special campaign to give jobs to the disabled
December 7, 2017
The government of Assam will start a special recruitment campaign to fill up the backlog vacancies for disabled persons in various government departments.
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said that all backlog vacancies for disabled will be filled up by 20 December.
Right now, there are around 4419 jobs vacant under physically disabled category and the number may increase after analysis of disabled category posts in other departments.
The Chief Minister has also asked the social welfare department to create a calendar for recruitment and selection process of all the other government departments of the state.
For now, representatives of disabled associations have requested the minister to take action for building a rest house for disabled persons in Guwahati.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News