Assam government to start special campaign to give jobs to the disabled
December 7, 2017
The government of Assam will start a special recruitment campaign to fill up the backlog vacancies for disabled persons in various government departments.
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said that all backlog vacancies for disabled will be filled up by 20 December.
Right now, there are around 4419 jobs vacant under physically disabled category and the number may increase after analysis of disabled category posts in other departments.
The Chief Minister has also asked the social welfare department to create a calendar for recruitment and selection process of all the other government departments of the state.
For now, representatives of disabled associations have requested the minister to take action for building a rest house for disabled persons in Guwahati.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News