Assam government to start special campaign to give jobs to the disabled
The government of Assam will start a special recruitment campaign to fill up the backlog vacancies for disabled persons in various government departments.
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said that all backlog vacancies for disabled will be filled up by 20 December.
Right now, there are around 4419 jobs vacant under physically disabled category and the number may increase after analysis of disabled category posts in other departments.
The Chief Minister has also asked the social welfare department to create a calendar for recruitment and selection process of all the other government departments of the state.
For now, representatives of disabled associations have requested the minister to take action for building a rest house for disabled persons in Guwahati.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News