Swarga Foundation opens toilet for disabled kids at government school in Coimbatore
December 9, 2017
Disabled kids at the Government Higher Secondary School in Vagarayampalayam, Coimbatore, how have a toilet. This is thanks to the Swarga Foundation as part of the celebrations for the International Day for People with Disabilities, observed globally on 3 December.
Accessibility projects have been initiated in Corporation Government Schools across Coimbatore, with the aim to make government schools easy to use for wheelchair users and to ensure education is accessible to kids with disbailities.
Another school, Corporation Boys Higher Secondary School in Ramanathapuram in Coimbatore district, has also been made accessible in this way. The idea is to bring children with disabilities to school and empower them through education.
This year Swarga Foundation plans to introduce the program in five more schools. These schools will have ramps for access to classrooms on the ground floor, wheelchair for toilet access, grab bars and convenient placement of utilities to help children use wheelchairs.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News