Swarga Foundation opens toilet for disabled kids at government school in Coimbatore
December 9, 2017
Disabled kids at the Government Higher Secondary School in Vagarayampalayam, Coimbatore, how have a toilet. This is thanks to the Swarga Foundation as part of the celebrations for the International Day for People with Disabilities, observed globally on 3 December.
Accessibility projects have been initiated in Corporation Government Schools across Coimbatore, with the aim to make government schools easy to use for wheelchair users and to ensure education is accessible to kids with disbailities.
Another school, Corporation Boys Higher Secondary School in Ramanathapuram in Coimbatore district, has also been made accessible in this way. The idea is to bring children with disabilities to school and empower them through education.
This year Swarga Foundation plans to introduce the program in five more schools. These schools will have ramps for access to classrooms on the ground floor, wheelchair for toilet access, grab bars and convenient placement of utilities to help children use wheelchairs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News