Swarga Foundation opens toilet for disabled kids at government school in Coimbatore
Disabled kids at the Government Higher Secondary School in Vagarayampalayam, Coimbatore, how have a toilet. This is thanks to the Swarga Foundation as part of the celebrations for the International Day for People with Disabilities, observed globally on 3 December.
Accessibility projects have been initiated in Corporation Government Schools across Coimbatore, with the aim to make government schools easy to use for wheelchair users and to ensure education is accessible to kids with disbailities.
Another school, Corporation Boys Higher Secondary School in Ramanathapuram in Coimbatore district, has also been made accessible in this way. The idea is to bring children with disabilities to school and empower them through education.
This year Swarga Foundation plans to introduce the program in five more schools. These schools will have ramps for access to classrooms on the ground floor, wheelchair for toilet access, grab bars and convenient placement of utilities to help children use wheelchairs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
- Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
December 9, 2018
- VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 5, 2018 2.0 may soon become Akshay Kumar’s most successful film
- Parasports December 3, 2018 Disability Heroes - Why Javed Choudhari refuses to be defined by his disability
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Congress backs Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh over Sidhu
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are going to come together at Jantar Mantar this December for many reasons
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Get-hooked December 3, 2018 Neeraj George’s 300-km ride is all about determination and courage
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News