Swarga Foundation opens toilet for disabled kids at government school in Coimbatore
Disabled kids at the Government Higher Secondary School in Vagarayampalayam, Coimbatore, how have a toilet. This is thanks to the Swarga Foundation as part of the celebrations for the International Day for People with Disabilities, observed globally on 3 December.
Accessibility projects have been initiated in Corporation Government Schools across Coimbatore, with the aim to make government schools easy to use for wheelchair users and to ensure education is accessible to kids with disbailities.
Another school, Corporation Boys Higher Secondary School in Ramanathapuram in Coimbatore district, has also been made accessible in this way. The idea is to bring children with disabilities to school and empower them through education.
This year Swarga Foundation plans to introduce the program in five more schools. These schools will have ramps for access to classrooms on the ground floor, wheelchair for toilet access, grab bars and convenient placement of utilities to help children use wheelchairs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019