CBM India celebrates 50 years of working for inclusion
December 9, 2017
CBM India believes that inclusion needs an engagement that connects newer audiences with the vision of an inclusive society.
On the occasion of CBM's 50 years in India, CBM conducted a series of activities including a national level photo and short film contest 'A barrier free world for all" for people with disabilities and students.
Over 200 entries from across India sent in images which they feel can help raise awareness on disabilities.
The winners of the contest were facilitated at the ceremony by Mr. Varghese Chandy, Vice President at Malayalam Manorama.
CBM also held a conference on "Making Delhi A Barrier Free City" which included photo exhibition in New Delhi in October, 2017.
The conference was well received and drew in more than 200 people and students.
CBM will be hosting its last activity of the year with a photo exhibition in Bangalore at St. Joseph's college of Arts and Science on 8th and 9th of December.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News