CBM India celebrates 50 years of working for inclusion
CBM India believes that inclusion needs an engagement that connects newer audiences with the vision of an inclusive society.
On the occasion of CBM’s 50 years in India, CBM conducted a series of activities including a national level photo and short film contest ‘A barrier free world for all” for people with disabilities and students.
Over 200 entries from across India sent in images which they feel can help raise awareness on disabilities.
The winners of the contest were facilitated at the ceremony by Mr. Varghese Chandy, Vice President at Malayalam Manorama.
CBM also held a conference on “Making Delhi A Barrier Free City” which included photo exhibition in New Delhi in October, 2017.
The conference was well received and drew in more than 200 people and students.
CBM will be hosting its last activity of the year with a photo exhibition in Bangalore at St. Joseph’s college of Arts and Science on 8th and 9th of December.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019