CBM India celebrates 50 years of working for inclusion
CBM India believes that inclusion needs an engagement that connects newer audiences with the vision of an inclusive society.
On the occasion of CBM’s 50 years in India, CBM conducted a series of activities including a national level photo and short film contest ‘A barrier free world for all” for people with disabilities and students.
Over 200 entries from across India sent in images which they feel can help raise awareness on disabilities.
The winners of the contest were facilitated at the ceremony by Mr. Varghese Chandy, Vice President at Malayalam Manorama.
CBM also held a conference on “Making Delhi A Barrier Free City” which included photo exhibition in New Delhi in October, 2017.
The conference was well received and drew in more than 200 people and students.
CBM will be hosting its last activity of the year with a photo exhibition in Bangalore at St. Joseph’s college of Arts and Science on 8th and 9th of December.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News