Washington Sundar, rising star of T20 cricket, is deaf in one year
December 15, 2017
India's T20 squad includes a new face whose talent is getting him a lot of attention. Washington Sundar from Tamil NaDu grabbed the attention of many spectators and the selectors during the 2016 IPL.
But few know that Sundar is deaf in one year. According to reports, he was four to five years old, when he told his parents about this disability. They took him to doctors, but nothing happened.
Sundar has credited his father and early coaches for shaping his cricketing career. He bats left-handed and bowls right-arm off-spin and was picked as a replacement for Ravichandran Ashwin in the Rising Pune Supergiants team.
Sundar scored four consecutive half-centuries in the Tamil Nadu Premier League 2016 and was one of the players who scored the most runs in this tournament.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News