Washington Sundar, rising star of T20 cricket, is deaf in one year
India's T20 squad includes a new face whose talent is getting him a lot of attention. Washington Sundar from Tamil NaDu grabbed the attention of many spectators and the selectors during the 2016 IPL.
But few know that Sundar is deaf in one year. According to reports, he was four to five years old, when he told his parents about this disability. They took him to doctors, but nothing happened.
Sundar has credited his father and early coaches for shaping his cricketing career. He bats left-handed and bowls right-arm off-spin and was picked as a replacement for Ravichandran Ashwin in the Rising Pune Supergiants team.
Sundar scored four consecutive half-centuries in the Tamil Nadu Premier League 2016 and was one of the players who scored the most runs in this tournament.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019