Washington Sundar, rising star of T20 cricket, is deaf in one year
India's T20 squad includes a new face whose talent is getting him a lot of attention. Washington Sundar from Tamil NaDu grabbed the attention of many spectators and the selectors during the 2016 IPL.
But few know that Sundar is deaf in one year. According to reports, he was four to five years old, when he told his parents about this disability. They took him to doctors, but nothing happened.
Sundar has credited his father and early coaches for shaping his cricketing career. He bats left-handed and bowls right-arm off-spin and was picked as a replacement for Ravichandran Ashwin in the Rising Pune Supergiants team.
Sundar scored four consecutive half-centuries in the Tamil Nadu Premier League 2016 and was one of the players who scored the most runs in this tournament.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Australian fans criticize local media for insulting Indian cricketers
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News