Bengaluru's first Blind Film Festival is today!
December 9, 2017
Going to the theatre to watch a film is not always an option for the blind. There are silent, action-based sequences and a person with impaired vision finds it hard to understand.
To make entertainment an inclusive experience, Enable India is organising its first Blind Film Festival at the St. Joseph's College, Lalbagh Road, today. The initiative is so people with disabilities also have access to and can enjoy a social life.
Enable India regularly screen films for the blind, where sighted volunteers give audio description. They plan to hold this festival in many cities.
The first festival will be in Bengaluru after which it will be held in Mysuru, Kochi and Goa in the coming months. The three films that will be shown in Bengaluru today are Taare Zameen Par, Barfi, and Deiva Thirumagal.
The films have been made into an audio-described format by Saksham Trust, which is based in Delhi. The trust has an archive of 25 major films that have been audio described, including Dangal and Secret Superstar.
Audio-described movies are those in which a narration is added to scenes that have only action and background music, but no dialogue.
The audience members who have sight will be blindfolded during the screening at the Blind Film Festival for them to experience an audio-described film.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 25, 2019 PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked March 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News