Bengaluru's first Blind Film Festival is today!
Going to the theatre to watch a film is not always an option for the blind. There are silent, action-based sequences and a person with impaired vision finds it hard to understand.
To make entertainment an inclusive experience, Enable India is organising its first Blind Film Festival at the St. Joseph’s College, Lalbagh Road, today. The initiative is so people with disabilities also have access to and can enjoy a social life.
Enable India regularly screen films for the blind, where sighted volunteers give audio description. They plan to hold this festival in many cities.
The first festival will be in Bengaluru after which it will be held in Mysuru, Kochi and Goa in the coming months. The three films that will be shown in Bengaluru today are Taare Zameen Par, Barfi, and Deiva Thirumagal.
The films have been made into an audio-described format by Saksham Trust, which is based in Delhi. The trust has an archive of 25 major films that have been audio described, including Dangal and Secret Superstar.
Audio-described movies are those in which a narration is added to scenes that have only action and background music, but no dialogue.
The audience members who have sight will be blindfolded during the screening at the Blind Film Festival for them to experience an audio-described film.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 13, 2019 Hardik Pandya, K L Rahul told to return to India
- Headlines January 12, 2019 India’s Mary Kom tops world rankings in boxing
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Disabled Kerala artist Surendran finds his creative side in incredible ball pen art
- Get-hooked January 11, 2019 After sustained campaign, Kerala begins framing rules regarding private therapy centres
- Get-hooked January 11, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News