International project to present comparative list of astronomical words in sign languages
The IAU Commission for Astronomy, Equity and Inclusion recently started an international long-term project to collect different signs of the most common words in astronomy education in German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Polish and others.
As many astronomical words have no same hand sign in any sign language, the commission has created a list of suggested signs with the help of deaf communities, educators, and astronomers all over the world.
The idea is to involve deaf people to use these suggested signs during scientific discussions.
The Commission also plans to study and suggest a common and unique sign for each word for every country.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018