Assam students develop device that makes daily activities easier for deaf people
A team of young scientists from the Assam Jatiya Bidyalay have developed a device to help the deaf carry out their daily activities.
The device vibrates when it gets a sound and alerts the user. There are four parts - condenser microphone, a magnifier and frequency selector circuit, and a vibrator.
Once the condenser microphone receives a sound it converts the sound energy into electrical energy which goes to the magnifier and frequency selector circuit. The sound energy converts into electrical energy and the circuit increases the quantity of the energy. This energy goes to the vibrator through the circuit and vibrates, alerting the user.
All the scientists are Class 8 students. They say the device will be useful for deaf people while walking, driving and riding on the road. The team has named the gadget as Horn for the Deaf: A Sensitive Gadget.’
The cost of making it is just Rs 100, which makes it affordable for most deaf people. The team started experimenting on the device from June 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019