Assam students develop device that makes daily activities easier for deaf people
December 13, 2017
A team of young scientists from the Assam Jatiya Bidyalay have developed a device to help the deaf carry out their daily activities.
The device vibrates when it gets a sound and alerts the user. There are four parts - condenser microphone, a magnifier and frequency selector circuit, and a vibrator.
Once the condenser microphone receives a sound it converts the sound energy into electrical energy which goes to the magnifier and frequency selector circuit. The sound energy converts into electrical energy and the circuit increases the quantity of the energy. This energy goes to the vibrator through the circuit and vibrates, alerting the user.
All the scientists are Class 8 students. They say the device will be useful for deaf people while walking, driving and riding on the road. The team has named the gadget as Horn for the Deaf: A Sensitive Gadget.'
The cost of making it is just Rs 100, which makes it affordable for most deaf people. The team started experimenting on the device from June 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
- Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
June 27, 2019
- Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
June 26, 2019
- Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 27, 2019 PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News