Assam students develop device that makes daily activities easier for deaf people
A team of young scientists from the Assam Jatiya Bidyalay have developed a device to help the deaf carry out their daily activities.
The device vibrates when it gets a sound and alerts the user. There are four parts - condenser microphone, a magnifier and frequency selector circuit, and a vibrator.
Once the condenser microphone receives a sound it converts the sound energy into electrical energy which goes to the magnifier and frequency selector circuit. The sound energy converts into electrical energy and the circuit increases the quantity of the energy. This energy goes to the vibrator through the circuit and vibrates, alerting the user.
All the scientists are Class 8 students. They say the device will be useful for deaf people while walking, driving and riding on the road. The team has named the gadget as Horn for the Deaf: A Sensitive Gadget.’
The cost of making it is just Rs 100, which makes it affordable for most deaf people. The team started experimenting on the device from June 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018